Statement of Faith
1.THE SCRIPTURES – We believe that the Bible is the Word of God; that it was transcribed by godly men who were moved by the Holy Spirit so that their recordings were supernaturally and verbally inspired and free from error as no other revelation of the will of God to man, and so are the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. Further, we believe that the Word of God, for the English language, to be fully and solely the King James Bible (AV) 1611.
2. THE TRUE GOD – We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
God the Father – We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, boundless in love, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayers, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.
God the Son – We believe in Jesus Christ, God the Son, pre-existent with the Father, begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; sinless in His nature and life, infallible in His teaching, making atonement for the sins of the world by His substitutionary death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven, His perpetual intercession for His people and His glorious second advent according to promise. We believe that the promise of His second coming includes: first, “The Blessed Hope” of the believer, namely, the personal, premillennial and pretribulation return of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, to rapture His church according to 1Thess. 4:13-18; second, His return with His saints to set up His millennial reign.
God the Holy Spirit – We believe in the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit. We believe that He came to convince and convict the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; and to regenerate, sanctify, indwell, comfort, and empower those who believe in Jesus Christ.
3. MAN – We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God in Hell. We believe that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought and deed by choice.
4. SATAN – We believe in the reality and personality of Satan.
5. SALVATION – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who by faith receive Him as their personal Saviour, are justified on the ground of His blood shed on Calvary and His resurrection from the dead and are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become the children of God.
6. THE CHURCH – We believe in the visible local church, which is a called out assembly of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible confession of faith, and associated for worship, word and fellowship. We believe that to these visible churches was committed for perpetual observance, two ordinances: the baptism of believers by immersion and Lord’s Supper. We believe that God has laid upon these churches the task of preaching the Gospel to every creature, and the edification of the individual members of the Body of Christ.
7. LAST THINGS – We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead, the saved to eternal life and blessedness in Heaven and the unsaved to eternal, conscious suffering and woe in Hell (John 5:29).
8. ASSURANCE – We believe in the eternal security of the believer. (John 10:27-29).
9. CHURCH AND STATE – We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of all faith; that each church is independent and autonomous, and must be free from any interference by any ecclesiastical, parachurch, or political authority; that, therefore, the church and state must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation of patronage of the other.
10. CHRISTIAN LIVING– We believe that every saved person should manifest the Christ-life in a consistent walk in the Holy Spirit, fully and constantly yielding his members to the indwelling Christ, so that he may always, in life and word, show forth the praises of Him who has called him out of darkness into His marvelous light. We believe in a separated life for all believers as set forth in II Cor. 6:14-7:1, including separation from unholy marriages and worldly alliances, wicked pleasures, evil methods of work, worldly societies, and any lifestyle that is in direct opposition to the Scriptures!